Friday, April 11, 2008

Georgia on my mind

There's red dirt on my shoes, a thick coat of yellow pollen covering my car, and I've got a glass of sweet tea in my hand--that's how I knew I was in Georgia last weekend. I was there visiting family and I got a chance to swing by one of my favorite eating establishments- The Varsity. Oh yes, greasy onion rings, nekkid dawgs, chili cheese dawgs, slaw dawgs.....It was a staple of my childhood trips to Athens, GA to visit my Nana and I do believe they serve the best chili cheese dogs on the planet. Plus they have this orange drink that's kind of like Tang, only about a million times better.

Trust me, it tastes much better than it looks....

As we were driving just outside Elberton, I saw this incredibly cute display of cars that someone had painted to look like the Disney movie Cars. I just had to pull over and take a picture.




I'm also pretty excited to report that despite my obviously unhealthy food choices while I was on my trip, I successfully completed my first 5K today. I won't post my time because it is a little embarrassing, but I plan to try again soon, in hopes that I will be like the guy who actually won the race and finished in about 17 minutes (!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to see the race results, they are posted on the runner's club website www.runlafin.org

Click on "results".

I didn't see April or Chris on there for some reason.

Chuck said...

I love going back home. Not many people understand the southern way of life. It's good to get back though too, right?